My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Basic Muffins With Endless Variations

Best Ever Muffins Recipe

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

 3/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

 1 cup milk

   1/4 cup vegetable oil  

Optional: One cup of Blueberries or chopped raisins or chopped dates, or if you prefer, one cup grated cheddar cheese or I/4 cup chopped bacon . ( I have even used the cheese and bacon together; boy it's good. I used 3/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup bacon)  You can use a bit of imagination here and try chocolate chips or chopped up jelly babies for the kids or one of your own clever ideas.                        

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
  2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
  3. Variations:  Add your chosen cup of fruit or other optional ingredients to batter mix
  4. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Your family will love them and they couldn't be easier...Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome