My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, January 10, 2014

Gabrielle Giffords Marks Third Anniversary of Her Shooting by Skydiving

Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords   narrowly escaped death three years ago , and she marked the anniversary in fearless fashion Wednesday : by skydiving .

The Arizona politican's life changed forever on January 8 , 2011 , when a distrubed local man opened fire during a ceremony outside a Tucson grocery store . Six people died and 13 were wounded , including Giffords  , who suffered life-threatening and ultimetely life-altering injuries after being shot in the head .

Yet Giffords , 43, intended to send a clear message on Wednesday when she jumped out of a plane in her home town state with a Navy Seal and a parachute strapped to her back ... and a big smile on her face . "I'm alive ," she told Today's Savannah Guthrie , who covered her bold leap .

Giffords survival was deemed miraculous following the shooting , although the magnitude of the injuries forced her to resign from Congress in January 2012 . Today , she still has difficulty finding words quickly when speaking and suffers from partial paralysis on the right side of her body .

However , none of that seemed to matter on Wednesday when she eagerly jumped , grinning as she descended toward the ground . Guthrie reported the Giffords   was the calmest one on the plane (which included husband and former astronaut Mark Kelly) before the jump ... perhaps because she has already overcome bigger obstacles .

"It's been step by step since I was shot three years ago ," Giffords  wrote on her Facebook page Wednesday . "I've overcome a lot . Progress has come from working hard . Today , I grieve , I remember and I take another step ."

2 comments:

  1. Bravo!! and good for Gabrielle....celebrate living.

    luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what life is all about ...shot in the head and can still smile ...KUDOS to Gabby.

    luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome