My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Decline and Fall of Internet Cafes` - Going Offline

 
 

 
Many US internet cafes have permanently shut their doors as mobile and wireless technology continues to grow. Are these outlets ultimately destined for the dustbin of history?
With fewer customers coming through the door, the Internet Garage cafe in Brooklyn, New York, has been forced to reboot its business plan and turn into an internet-service provider.
In a digital world full of mobile computers, experts believe what is happening in New York is a reflection of what may soon happen in many other developed nations.
"This was all part of the evolution of technology or society as we go along," says Sree Sreenivasan, Columbia University's chief technology officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome