My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ask Maxy

 
Dear Maxy ,
I ran out of money before I bought all of the presents that are on my list for the holidays . Some of the things that I didn't get are for my children . I don't want to disappoint them . I want to give them something  , but this has been a really  tough year for me . There just is no money left .
Embrassassed at the Holidays
Dear  Embarrassed ,
If you have an oven and good intentions , it's time for you to bake some cookies . Children love homemade items from their love ones because they show that they care.
If you have bought gifts for some  , but not all , of the children that will be together at the holidays  , don't give any of those presents . Give the purchased items at another time .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I'm a teenager , my brother and I live with my mother , one uncle and grandparents . I love them all dearly.
My mother works , but on the weekends she does all the cleaning . The thing is , my  grandmothe is sick and sometimes she cannot do what she used to do . Then she gets mad at us for no apparent reason . We try to take care of her  , but she still gets angry . We can't talk to her about it , because we worry she will get sicker .
My grandmother often says she doesn't like living in our house . How can I get everything back to being a family again ?
Need of Peace
Dear Need Peace,
Talk to your mother about this  , and ask for her suggertions . I think your grandmother's angry has nothing to do with any of you .She is lashing out at her family because she doesn't like feeling too sick (or too old) to do the things she used to do . She wants to be valued  and appreciatedv . Ask Grandma to help you cook one of her special dishes . Or talk to her about her parents . Find out her interests  , and do your best to show her she still matters .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I've been with my boyfriend for three years . When we first met , he was working on his GED . That was fine because I knew he has a disability . But he is now 23 and making little progress toward his GED .
I don't want to push him because that only frustrates him , and besides , anything I say goes in my ear  and out the other . He has a janitorial job two nights a week , and with his GED , he could do so much better.
I want him to get this done  so we can properly start our life together . How do I cnvince him ?
Selma
Dear Selma ,
Your boyfriend has to want this for himself and be prepared to do the necssary hard work . Right now he isn't willing . The best you can do is ask about his feeling  on the subject and see where he stands. Being a janitor is a perfectly respectable job . Decide whether this is good enough for you , because it may be what you get.
Maxy 

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Maxy. Right on the money about the old grandma

    I give you four out of five bones on this weeks advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ...I will get five bones next week or maybe more .

    Dr.Maxy

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome