My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My sister is in her early  30s and is getting  married for the first time . Due to budget restraints , they are having a small wedding  and reception. Only the immediate family will be there .
As the matron-of-honor , I would like to give her a proper shower . However I am uneasy that many of  my sisters friends and acquaintances are not invited to the wedding . Is it proper to ask them to attend a shower ?
Sister of the Bride
Dear Sister ,
It is inappropriate to invite people to the shower  if they are not invited to the wedding . However , if the wedding is only immediate family , it is okay to invite a few close friends to the shower , provided you inform them in advance that the wedding itself  is family only  . Of course , the best solution is for the bridal couple to have an inexpensive , informal party a few weeks later so that those not invited to the actual wedding still  can feel included .
Maxy

Dear Maxy.
I hooked up with a guy with whom I am friends , he is very attractive and smart and nice , and I like him . But I don't know if it will turn into something more . How can I ensure that he thinks of me in a romantic way and not just as a hookup partner ?
Lillian
Dear Lillian,
If only you could go back to just before you hooked up with this guy , life could be simpler , I know . But here you are . It can be extremely difficult to navigate a friendship afterward .
You can sit back and watch to see what clues he offers about what's next, but that will likely feel extremely uncomfortable . Instead , speak to him directly . Tell him that while you enjoyed your hookup ,  you hope he knows that you truly care for him  and would like to pursue a real relationship . Could that scare him ? Sure , but you'll never know if you don't say something .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
"Showerless in  Yuma" said her retired military husband refused to shower or get a haircut . You suggested he might be depressed.
My husband is a psychologist with the Veterans Administration . V.A. services are available in most states for mental health issues  or changes in health status . Please pass this along .
V.A. Supporter
Dear Supporter,
Thank you for reminding those readers who have served in the military that the V.A. (va.gov) can provide psychological as well as medical counsel .
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. The VA should make it known loud and clear to veterans that there is help for the mental and physical well-being of all who served their country so well and encourage them to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxy is on patrol to help the VA inform the vets of the help out there .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome