My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I'm a woman who wears a wig , and I have artificial nails . Without my wig , I have bald spots, and in some areas my hair is about an inch long . My boyfriend has informed me that , before we take our relationship to the next level , he must see me without my wig and my artificial nails . I am comfortable with removing the nails , but not my wig . I know he will not be content with the "real me," and he may even reconsider our relationship . I need your help fast ! What should I do ?
Sharon
Dear Sharon,
Have you heard of the commitment "through thick and thin?" When you commit to a partner, you are supposed to reveal your true self .
You are supposed to be able to lay bare your soul and your body , and that includes your hair and nails . I understand that you may feeling vulnerable on this topic . This is especially true because you use artificial support to enchance your looks .
Well your partner deserves to see you as you are.
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I am 16 and regularly baby-sit for a 2-year-old boy and his 5-year-old sister . Both kids are very sweet , although the boy has some behavior  issues . I have addressed them and made it clear that they will not be tolerated while I am baby-sitting .
The problem is their father , he calls the boy  "a little devil" and tells him he is "too feminine and babyish," since he carries a blanket around and plays with dolls .
But he's only two ! Am I overstepping if I discuss this with him? I don't want to lose this job, because I love the kids .
Auburn
Dear Auburn,
Not all parents have an enlightened attitude about child-rearing , and some mistakenly confuse belittling with good parenting . Most parents do not appreciate parenting pointers from teenagers.
However you are in a position to counteract some of 'Dad's ' comments by giving positive feedback to those children when they are in your care . If the situation gets worse , you might speak to the mother about your concerns.
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I retired 10 years ago and joined a very old and respected craft guild. Several of the members were bullies , I enjoyed the meetings , but after a time , these women made the meeting quite uncomfortable . One woman in particular would block my way and ambush me in the bathroom. Another woman ridiculed me publicly for doing certain charity work.
I since have joined another guild , which is no-nonsense  and would not tolerate bullying activity . The contrast is dramatic .
I miss some of the friends from the former guild , but am happy to be free to attend meeting without the stress.
Happier Now
Dear Happier Now,
Bullying can happen in nearly any social context , including at one's place of employment and in community groups. Fortunately , you had the option to leave.
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome