My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ask Maxy


Dear Maxy,

I believe my sister is in denial about her weight. She is a goo 80 pounds overweight and has been for guite some time . She was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure , and I'm sure that her weight has something to do with it . But she refuses to discuss it with me . Everytime I bring it up , she gets mad and bristles . She says it's none of my business and either shuts down or lashes out at me. I don't mean to hurt her feeling , but I'm worried about her . She is a wonderful person , and I hate to seeing her walking straight toward illness because she's not taking care of her body . How can I get her to see that she needs to do something ?

Brenda

Dear Brenda,

This is a tough situation because you can't make people change . It's just not possible . But don't you have to give it up yet , either . What you can do is select a moment when you two are alone and in a good mood .

Then you can have a heart-to-heart talk with her , expressing your love for her and your concern for her well being . Tell her that you that you want her to be happy and healthy and that if she doesn't do something to reduce her weight , you are worried she will get sicker . She may say nothing after you make this delaration , but at least you will have it said .

Another option is to write her a heart-felt letter expressing the same sentiments . In either instance , you should add that you will be happy to do anything you can to help her . She just has to say the word. Please know that your entreaty may not work . People wake up to their own call to action on their own time.

Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I made a new friend in the past year, and the other day we had an amazing heart-to-heart conversation where we talked about so many personal things. It was awesome , but now I feel weird. I told her things that I have never told anyone . I think she did the same . It felt safe at the moment , but what if we ever stop being friends or something ?
I would just die if she revealed my secrets to anyone . During the conversation , we said how grateful we were for being able to talk so freely with each other . What should I do to make sure that she keeps my secrets safe ?
Emily
Dear Emily ,
Trust that the bond you created with this women is based on honor and integrity . Keep her secrets safe . Tell no one what she revealed to you .If you honor your side of the agreement , you will b e fulfilling your commitment . Believe that she will respect the bond of privacy.
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
What is the appropriate nail color for a wedding ? By the way , I'm the bride ! I want to wear red ! Is this too much ? Also , should it match my lipstick ?
Maya
Dear Maya ,
The most common nail color for brides is in the blush category ... anything from a creamy white to a 'French' manicure .
That said , it's your wedding . Wear what you want . And no , your nails do not have to match your lips !
Maxy

22 comments:

  1. It maybe the sun flares but I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, What a round about way to have a conversation....HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says on this end yahoo is upgrading the mail.
    My name is witchy(smiling )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually the program works okay but there are a few evenings when Nee and I have problems. I am automatically signed in every night but it just doesn't work right sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The program wants us to upgrade. Maybe that is interfering with our reception

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look cute in the Witchy hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Technology isn't always what it is cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn you had 6 comments come though at one time .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoot! Have I lost you again? I don't think we are destined to have this conversation tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This program is not working too good either. You may have to keep refreshing your page to make the comments come through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA! Are we having fun yet??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy it is so hot and humid here I am swimming from room to room. Kind of sultry, makes you move slower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe the two of you shound upgrade because this is the pits.

    I think you should get your mother a medical alert necklace you would feel better when you are away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hot outside but the A?C never goes off in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think so too. I would feel better if she had the medical alert. i just want to ask them a few questions first, like response time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't need our AC on all the time. We never know when we will need it. Especially this year. the weather has been all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a feeling you are not receiving these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shall we call it a night old friend? And try again another night?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe you are not reciving mine , I see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am seeing you comments now.

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome