My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Food for Thought : Father's Day

Father's Day is right around the corner , so it is time to think about the celebrating . Forget the dreaded tie and after-shave this year , look for gifts that helps  dad stay healthy.
You do not have give vitamins or sprouts to let him know you want him  to stay well , as there are many gifts that he will love  and show him how much you care. Here are a few tips  to help you find that perfect gift for any dad.

1 .  For the dad that likes to cook , get himsome healthy grilling options. A  cookbook with marinatade and rub  recipes , a grilling pan (perfect for grilling small items like shrimp and vegetables) or maybe a herb garden kit to help grow his own herbs.

2 .  For stressed out ,workaholic dad , try some stress relieving options such as a hammock , a travel set that includes luxury skincare products or a subscription/membership to a healthful meals delivery club that delivers ingredients to prepare a meal for one or two or a local CSA(community supported agriculture) . These all offer time saving and relaxation .

3 .  For the super dad that takes his exercise seriously , there are many options that span all price ranges . Exercise watches that track activity ans sleep are quite popular and canbe purchased for about $100.
There are so many options in the GPS watch category that track distance , heart rate and calories burned . These can range from $80 - $400 for popular models .
Words of Wisdom :

Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.






A proud grand-poppa                   G.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Poppa ,
    I didn't see your Farther's Day post on my sidebar , seen it on Wandering Brook and thought you forgot to post on Maxy ,glad you did . It's a great post and I'm happy you used the Father's Day picture, I'm using it too.
    Great post poppa.
    Your sweet granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great gift suggestions HB. Instead of a hammock, the kids bought Brian a gazebo so he can sit in his comfortable chair and survey his domain.
      I liked your wisdom quotes so much this week, I made a copy and taped it to my computer desk to keep me aware of the truly important things. Thank you
      Love and hugs Butterfly

      Delete
    2. Hi Nee,
      Thank you for your kind wishes. Just for the record...I hate doctors. They never seem to have any good news. Good health to you and your family. Thanks again for your help and support.
      Genie

      Delete
  2. Hi Aunty and Genie,
    Genie , I hope you are feeling better ,aunty told me you had to go to Toronto for a checkup , just going to doctor wear a person out. Hope things was OK.
    Here's this week questions .
    Dear Maxy ,
    My father is plannig a trip to his home in Poland over the next holiday season , I am excited to see my family , and we will make multiple stops in Poland to visit most of the relatives , I will not have been to Poland in two years ,and it being the holiday season , will I be expected to have a gift from America for ever family member I see ?
    I will visit upwards to 20 family members and I do not want to overpack the suitcases and use all my spending money . Do I have to bring everyone a gift ? Could I buy some of the gifts Poland ?I know it's awhile away , but ,I am already worried .
    Thrfty Holiday

    Dear Maxy ,
    I am not attending my cousin's wedding next September . I will be in school on the west coast and the weddig is in Europe . I am not to bummed about missing it , but I do not know what to say to my cousin when I see him this summer . I wish him the best ,but I need to learn in college and be frugal during the time that he is planning his speial day.
    ...I Do ...Not

    Dear Maxy ,
    My friend "Carrie," recently joined a popular online dating site , after her husband decided he'd rather be single. Carrie met several interesting men on the site and after chatting with them a week or two , every single one of them asked her for money. She refused .
    Finally one asked her to cash a check for him . He spent about a month setting her up ro be comfortable doing this favor and she fell for it .
    He said the bank took her money . The man said he would straighten it out , but off course ,he failed to show up .
    I want your help in exposing this supposedly reputable online dating site .It's a very bad place for single women to find true love . It is really a site for unscrupulous male thieves to prey on vulnerable woman .
    Something needs to be done to put a stop to this abuse hold these larcenous Lotharios accountable for their misdeeds .
    What can we do ?
    Angry Ann

    Dear Maxy,
    My 85-year-old mother seems to be a loving generous person .But I know her to be extremely self-centered. For example , I don't dare mention that I may be sick or have a problem , because she will reply with a long list of her own complaints . Everything she says , every story she tells , is turned to to make her look wonderful and important .
    We recently had family gathering and I made a toast to my sister-in-law and our children because they all had made important advancements in thier carees and education . Before the toast was over , my mom piped up and said , "What about me"? and she proceeded to ramble on about herself .
    I am writing not to get advice , but rather to give it . I don't care how old you are ; don't hog the spotlight . Listen to your children and greandchildren and be interested in their lives .Because of my mother's narcissism , I have learned to be humble .
    Because of my mother's self-centered attitude , I have learned to be more sensitive to others . Because of my mother's constant complaining , I have learned not to talk about my own aches and pains . I am sure that when she is gone , I will miss her. But the best thing she ever did for me was to teach me to be a better mother and grandmother by setting such a bad example for me.
    Thanks Maxy for letting me rant and get this off my chest.
    The Good Daughter


    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome