My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Food for Thought : Welcome to January 2015! Have you made any resolutions this year?

Approximately half of us make some sort of resolution each year, and the majority of the resolutions made are related to health, nutrition or fitness. Although making a plan to increase your health is a great idea, many times we fall prey to fad diets or unhealthy practices.

1 .    Over the next several weeks you will see an increase in advertisements for all different types of products to help you achieve health or wellness, and often times these products are not what is best for us. Here are a few tips to help you navigate through some of the popular types of advertisements for health and wellness products:

2     Avoid plans that suggest irregular or complicated eating schedules. You should eat about 5-6 small meals/snacks per day to keep your metabolism steady and reduce hunger. Depending on your needs they can be as simple as a piece of fruit with a handful of nuts.

3     Be suspicious of any plan promoting drastic or immediate results. You didn't put the extra weight on in a few weeks, don't expect to lose it that quickly. Do not just use the scale for measurement. Keep track of inches, especially the waist, hips, thighs and arms, your energy levels, how you feel overall and changes in your blood lab work, such as glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides.

4 .    Steer clear from programs that are selling vitamins, supplements or specialty products. Avoid taking any tablets, pills, capsules, shakes, etc. without first contacting your pharmacist or physician.

Words of  Wisdom :

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." 

"Humor oils the wheels of life and helps to keep it running smoothly." 

"Commitments don't have to be chains. They can be rich with meaning. They can be the wings on which our spirits soar." 

Being happy can be hard work sometimes. It is like maintaining a nice home - you've got to hang on to your treasures and throw out the garbage." 
"Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts." 

May your home know happiness, each room hold laughter, every window open to possibilities. 

In the old days, if a person missed the stagecoach he was content to wait a day or two for the next one. Nowadays, we feel frustrated if we miss one section of a revolving door. 

There is only one problem with saving your dream for someday. Someday will always remain in the future. 




Happy  2015 ,  we wish everyone  a great  and  prosperous  year. 
A proud  Grandpoppa      G.

2 comments:

  1. Hi HB,
    Thank you for your contribution. It is a good article with some sensible advice. We seem to become more aware of our body image in the new year and often commit ourselves to improving it before next spring. You could die from some of the fad diets out there. Loved the words of wisdom, as always and always love to see my butterfly.

    Luv and hugs
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Butterfly ,
    You are welcome I will help as long as I think I am needed . If people would think about sensible things instead of things pass that didn't go right for them , they would be more at peace and happy . Fad diets are not good for you as I have learned from losing weight from my daughter . You eat healthy foods with lots of fiber in smaller portions and drink plenty of water . I lost 25 pounds her way and was never hungry and I had sweets also .
    I am glad you like to see the butterfly , I use the Pixie one week and the butterfly one week . My grands picked the pixie out and said it was Joanna and I was to use her too if I wanted them to help me with my posts . I notice you do not comment when I use the pixie . I understand why .
    Hope you are feeling better and all your family is well

    HB

    PS: I se we still can not use our names are anonymous , this will have to do .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome