My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Food for Thought : Overnight oats are beneficial to healthy diet

Overnight oats have become an overnight success with many people lately. Overnight oats are basically oats that have soaked overnight to absorb the liquid you put into them. The benefits of oatmeal are well documented. It can help you lower your risks of certain cancers, help to lower your cholesterol, and can help decrease your risk of high blood pressure when consumed with an overall healthful diet that is low in fat. The fiber in oats also helps you feel full longer so they can help you lose weight and eat less. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy overnight oats:
1 .   Use small jars or plastic containers for a grab-and-go breakfast. Use one part raw rolled oats and one part milk or yogurt. Add any toppings or spices you would like, such as honey, brown sugar or cinnamon. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.

2 .    Don’t add anything to oats you don’t want to get soggy, such as granola or crunchy cereals. You should add these just before eating.

3 .    Oats can be eaten cold or warmed slightly in the microwave.

4 .    Add fruit such as blueberries, strawberries or bananas. Get creative by adding a little chocolate or peanut butter.


Words of Wisdom :
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

"A laugh is a smile that bursts."

"Commitments don't have to be chains. They can be rich with meaning." They can be the wings on which our spirits soar."

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives.







Your roving reporter               Poppa

2 comments:

  1. Hi HB,
    I have never tried overnight oats before. It sounds like a great idea. I will make some for Nana. She loves her oats. You are right, they have amazing health benefits. Your words of wisdom, as always, are profound and also true. So you are now our Roving Reporter. That is awesome and I love the title. This is going to be fun. The guy on the tricycle is just perfect as your avatar, hahaha, I love him. I hope you use him for every post.
    That is a stunning monarch butterfly. I think I will copy and save it.
    Thank you for your contribution to our blogs.
    Love and hugs Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Butterfly ,
    Oats as I have learned since moving here is good for your digestive system .
    Butterfly you and your dear husband should eat oats , they are good for you and your cholesterol and heart . We keep a big box of cherrios and eat them like popcorn as snacks , their is lots of ways to get your oats .
    Thank you , I have two for my avatar , one sitting at the computer getting my post out and this one , I will be using each from time to time . Not sure when I will start . Have to work out the days and what sites you ladies want me to use .
    Thank you again my dear lady .
    Hugs and love HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome