My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Food for Thought : Celebrate Louisiana seafood this month


October is National Seafood Month. This is a time to raise awareness for sustainable fisheries and celebrate the benefits of eating seafood. Seafood and fisheries in Louisiana are an important part of the state's economy. According to the Louisiana Seafood Marketing and Promotion board, one out of every 70 jobs in Louisiana is somehow related to the seafood industry. The seafood industry not only provides jobs, income and tax revenue, but they also produce some of the most healthful and tasty local foods. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy it: Louisiana seafood this month:
1 .   Add fish to your family's menu. If your family isn't regularly enjoying seafood at least twice a week, start out slowly and try new recipes. If adding fish, start with milder tasting fish such as tilapia or halibut.

2 .   Think fresh seafood and enjoy fresh seafood. "Fishy" smells are a turnoff to most people, and for good reason this is a sign your seafood is not fresh. Fish should smell "briny," like the sea. Note that seafood spoils quicker than meat, so be sure to consume it within two days of purchase.

3 .   Try a new spin on your family favorites. Make homemade fish sticks by dipping strips of cod, salmon or halibut into egg whites, coat with panko or seasoned breadcrumbs and bake. Sprinkle shrimp with seasoning and pan fry or grill then wrap in corn tortillas. Add seafood to salads.


Words of Wisdom :
"True humor is fun - it does not put down, kid, or mock. It makes people feel wonderful, not separate, different, and cut off. True humor has beneath it the understanding that we are all in this together."

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."

Saint Augustine said, "Patience is the companion of wisdom." Can you relax enough and see your learning through to acquire the understanding and wisdom that is the result of long practical experience?

"Everything can be taken away from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"Our life is our prayer. It’s our gift to the universe, and the memories we leave behind when we someday exit this world will be our legacy to our loved ones. The best thing we can do for ourselves and everyone around us is to find our joy and share it!"



A proud grandpoppa       G.


 

4 comments:

  1. Dad,
    You are the greatest .

    Enjoy your 'Jambalaga' .

    Your only daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Daughter ,
      I am a really great guy , am I not ?

      I enjoyed my jambalaga , matter of fact , Harvey and I had some for lunch . Thank you for taking such good care of me (laughing my butt off)
      Dad

      Delete
  2. Thankyou HB,
    And enjoy your garlic bread.
    You are awesome
    Your only Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Butterfly ,
      I keep telling everyone how awesome I am .
      The garlic bread was also awesome , Emil is going to put it on the menu as soon as Nee teach the cooks to make it .
      Have a good week .
      HB

      Delete

Through these open doors you are always welcome