My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Loaded Chicken & Potatoes



 This is a great, inexpensive, easy, little recipe with simple ingredients you probably have on hand most of the time. It is a family pleaser and I serve lots of veggies on the side...usually broccoli or asparagus and carrots. Thanks to my old friend Marianne

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1″)...
6-8 medium skin on red potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/3 c olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp hot sauce (more if you like it HOT)

Topping:

2 c fiesta blend cheese
1 c crumbled bacon
1 c diced green onion

How to Make:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish..
3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
4. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese, bacon, and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve With: extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing or sour cream...

2 comments:

  1. Ardis says you can give us some advice .

    Dear Maxy , I've been seeing a guy for a little over a year and he's joined the Air Force . He will starting basic training in the months to come . I've tried to do some research on what military life is like so I can know what to expect when the time comes . I am so nervous . I really like him and believe we could have something , but I'm afraid . With all the wars going on , I don't want him to get killed . I don't really know how to be supportive of him when I would rather he not go . How can I be a good girlfriend ?
    Baby Don't go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maxy , you helped my friend Helen and I hope you can help me .

    Dear Maxy , My friends lost a child to sudden infant death syndrome several years ago . Every year I remember the anniversary , but I feel weird saying anything to them , so I have not . This year marks the fifth anniversary and something tells me that I should acknowledge it in some way . They have other children now , but I know they miss their little girl . Should I send the a card or call them or anything ?
    Tender Memories

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome