My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Food for Thought : Coupons

Coupons are one way consumers can save money on groceries . However they may not always be the best way to reduce costs or provide healthful foods for your family . Also , coupoms are frequently offered for convenience of processed foods , which are normally high in sodium , fat and preservaties . Hear are a few tips to make sure you are getting a good financial and healthful bargain :

1 . Before you clip , evaluate the product . Is this a product you normally buy ? Or is it an apportunity to get your family to try a new food or recipe ? If so , then the coupon may be worth clipping .

2. Just because an item is a good buy does not mean it is good for you . Make sure you check the Nutrition Facts Label and compare the product with similar products .

3 . Compare the savings price to the store brand . Many times the store brand is a better bargain than the national brand with a coupon .

Words of Wisdom :
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Humor is most powerful thing that uses laughter as it base to chase your blues away.

What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight of the dog.

The difficult thing about children is that they come with no instructions. You pretty well have to assemble them on your own.

Old people like to give good advice, since they can no longer set bad examples

I must be getting absent-minded. Whenever I complain that things aren't what they used to be, I always forget to include myself.

"Life is the movie you see through your own eyes. It makes little difference what's happening out there. It's how you take it that counts."

A proud grandpoppa G.



4 comments:

  1. Howdy Dad,
    Hahahaha!!!! Yes dad when you complain you do forget about your self . You are just so bad , but I love you . Thanks you for being you .
    Your only daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter ,
      I forget on purpose , I have more fun that way . I will always be me with you my daughter , you are a gem that we all love .
      If only I could get a piece of meat every now and then . (laughing my butt off)
      Your only dad

      Delete
  2. Hi HB
    Your post is good advice and fun as always. We are so pleased to have your contribution. The butterfly is so pretty. They always make me think of nice things.
    Kisses
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butterfly ,
      I try t keep it interesting , if I bring a smile to someone face , I feel like I did a nice job .
      I think the butterfly is pretty , they are so magnificent flying from flower to flower .
      I am glad they make you think of nice things .
      Kisses back at you
      HB

      Delete

Through these open doors you are always welcome