My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, January 18, 2013

Things we didn't know last week




Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Two per cent of Europeans lack the genes for smelly armpits.
More details (Scientific American)
2. It is possible to beam an image (the Mona Lisa, in this case) to the Moon using a high-powered laser.
More details (Huffington Post)
3. Russian soldiers don't wear socks.
More details (NPR)
4. Horse-eating is called Hippophagy.
More details
5. You can make beer out of Sugar Puffs.
More details (The Guardian)
6. Overbites didn't become standard until everyone started eating with a knife and fork.
7. Swiss cheese plants suffer from stress.
More details
8. Inflatable space capsules are as safe as metal ones.
More details (New Scientist)
9. Trees that are more than 100m tall cannot grow leaves.
More details (New Scientist)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome