My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ask Maxy

 Dear Maxy,
I have been friends with "Dan" for seven years  . For three of them those  , we dated and lived together  . In the end we decided  we didn't work well as a couple  and decided  to remain friends  . Dan is rather arrogent  , and even though  he has always been  there for me  , he also has occasionally  taken advantage of our friendship .
I began seening "Dennis"two years ago  . At one  point , I had problems  with him and discussed  my relationship with Jon . When I admitted this to Dennis , he became quite angry . I am fairly loyal to my friends  and like to see the good  side of them , but Dennis doesn't like Jon  one bit  and demanded I  choose between them .
Maxy , I know  that at the end of the day  my boyfriend is the one I want  to be with  , but dumping my friendship  with Jon is causing  me such emotion  turmoil . I don't  like causing  other people pain  and I'm feeling quilty  . Am I doing the right thing ?
Sad and Guilty
Dear Sad ,
Whike I appreciate  that Dennis  doesn't what you to have  a friendship  with an  old boyfriend  (that is really his point) , I am not keen on anyone  dictating  who your friends can be  . Tell Dennuis  that you will cut back  on your contact  with Dan and that you promise  to stop confiding  your relationship  troubles to him . Dennis rightly views that as a betrayal . And if you  still harbor any romanartic  feeling for Dan  , then you should indeed end the relational .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
We are very private people  and do not have  , nor do we want  , a Social media account  . Our Friends knows this  , but when we sent her  a picture of our newest grandchild  via e-mail  , she posted the picture  with full details on her Facebook page without  our premission .
We didn't say anything  to her , but of course , we no longer send her  any photographs  . Please tell your readers  that posting such things  without premission  ia a violation on someone's trust in you . Do you agree ?
Not A Social Media Fan
Dear Not ,
Yes  ... and no .  Many people  don't mind  and don't care  . The fact that your friend  knows you don't have a Facebook account  doesn't mean she has  any idea you abject  to her posting  your grandchild's photograph  . She may have  thought she was doing you a favor  . Please don't be silent  . Tell her you would appreciate  it if she would  remove  the photo  immediately  and not post any others without your premission .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
My husband and I have been married  for 23 years  and we have  two teenage daughters . Our biggest  issue is discipliningg the kids . I think they should  do more household chores  . My husband agrees in theory , but does nothing  to hold them accountable  , so the burden  of discipline falls on me .
I'm sick  of being the bad guy and living  in a slovenly house  that no one  else cares  about . I've talked  tio them  until I'm blue in the face  . I've tried  letting things  go to see whether  they'd eventually  do something  and that doesn't work  either . Usually , I end up  so frustt\rated that I throw  a big hissy fit  and clean it myself .
I'm ready to move out . To me , it's more than the mess . It's teaching the kids  to be independent , to have some work ethic  and to be accountable  for their actions  . To them , I'm being a nag  . What should I do ?
Tired
Dear Tired ,
Nagging is part of your job as a parent  . And it's okay to let some things go . he girls' room are theirs . Leave their clothes  on the floor  and their beds unmade  . Tell them these things are their responsibility  , and show them  how to use the washer  and dryer  . If you can't stand te sifgt of the mess  in their rooms  , close their doors .
Common areas  will be tougher  , but they are counting on you to give up  . Do not do these things  for them  out of ezasperation  and try  not to become angry  . Offer  incentives  in the form  of increased  or decreased  allowance . If your husband won't help , discuss hiring  outside  cleaning  assistance .
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome