My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Bana Alabed: Syrian girl writes ... "Mr Trump please help the children of Syria because they are like your children"

Bana Alabed, 7, is pictured smiling in a professional news shot from the safety of Turkey in December
Bana, who is now in Turkey                

Bana Alabed, the seven-year-old Aleppo girl known worldwide for her tweets from Aleppo, has written an open letter to Donald Trump.
"You must do something for the children of Syria because they are like your children and deserve peace like you," she wrote.
Bana escaped Aleppo with her family in December during the mass evacuations, and is now living in Turkey.
Her twitter account became famous for its messages from besieged east Aleppo.
Her mother, Fatemah - who helps run the account - sent the text of the letter to the BBC.
She said Bana wrote it days before President Trump's inauguration, because "she has seen Trump many times on the TV".

Bana Alabed's letter to President Trump

Dear Donald Trump,
My name is Bana Alabed and I am a seven years old Syrian girl from Aleppo.
I lived in Syria my whole life before I left from besieged East Aleppo on December last year. I am part of the Syrian children who suffered from the Syrian war.
But right now, I am having a peace in my new home of Turkey. In Aleppo, I was in school but soon it was destroyed because of the bombing. Some of my friends died.
I am very sad about them and wish they were with me because we would play together by right now. I couldn't play in Aleppo, it was the city of death.
Right now in Turkey, I can go out and enjoy. I can go to school although I didn't yet. That is why peace is important for everyone including you.
However, millions of Syrian children are not like me right now and suffering in different parts of Syria. They are suffering because of adult people.
I know you will be the president of America, so can you please save the children and people of Syria? You must do something for the children of Syria because they are like your children and deserve peace like you.
If you promise me you will do something for the children of Syria, I am already your new friend.
I am looking forward to what you will do for the children of Syria.

President Trump's position is not yet clear but he has repeatedly stressed his desire for a strong relationship with Russia, and endorsed Vladimir Putin - who supports Syria's President Assad.


A screenshot from the Twitter account @AlabedBana, showing her two younger brothers smiling and seated on a a row of plant pots made in the shapes of a train. The caption reads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome