My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Your Roving Reporter : Widower Eats Breakfast with His Wife's Photo Every Day



 George Travis' wife of 50 years, Billy Mae, passed away last year. Since then, the 88-year-old has eaten his breakfast next to her photograph at the same restaurant every day. "I bring her with me everywhere I go ... I never go anywhere without my precious wife," he told KSLA.

Travis orders bacon, two eggs and a waffle every morning at Another Broken Egg restaurant in Shreveport, Louisiana, and sits in the same seat where he has a special place for her.  Travis was divorced and feeling low about his family life when he was set up by a friend to meet Billy Mae decades ago. He found his blind date beautiful, and they were later married, working together for several years in Shreveport at Travis Shoe Stores.

Of her death, Travis says, "It was the hardest thing that's ever happened to me." When other customers started noticing him eating at the restaurant next to his wife's picture, they decided to share his love story.

As reported by KSLA, Travis suffered a heart attack on November 13, but he's doing well and is ready to have breakfast again with his wife very soon.
Watch the video above to learn more about Travis and Billy Mae's beautiful love story. Then, check out the slideshow below to learn about another man who sits with a photo of his wife during lunch every day.


Your Roving Reporter: G

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet story. Nothing like true love and we all love to hear about it. I look for human interest stories just like that one. Thank you HB
    Luv and Hugs
    Butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ,
    Another Broken Egg restaurant is a very nice eatery , one of the waitress told me about him , I was fortunate enough to sit down and have breakfast with him , what a great guy .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome