My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, July 20, 2015

Young Mother Arrested for Abandoning Children in Mall

(Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

(Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

A mother was charged with abandonment after seating her children 30 feet away in a mall food court while she had a job interview.
Laura Browder said that her children – a 6-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy – were always in her line of sight during the interview.
Having just moved to Houston, Browder said she didn’t have enough time to line up child care, so she took her kids with her. But when the interview was over and she returned to her children, there was a police officer on site waiting to arrest her. Someone at the mall had called the officials saying that the children were left in the food court crying.
“It was very unfortunate what happened,” Browder said in a statement. “I had an interview with a very great company with lots of career growth.”
The arrest came just moments after she had been offered the job and accepted it, leaving her unsure about whether it would affect her new opportunity. Browder, who is a college student and a mother of two, said that she would never put her children, her name, or her background in harm’s way intentionally.
“A judge released my children to me knowing that I was a good mother who just made a not so smart decision,” she said in a statement.
“I have a promising future ahead of me regardless of what the media tries to portray me as,” Browder said. “This too will pass and I am not concerned with [what] outsiders have to say or what they think.”
Child Protective Services are currently investigating the case, but say that they could offer services to help the young mother find suitable daycare.

So, what do you think? Did she do wrong? Did she deserve to be arrested?

2 comments:

  1. Young and made a very foolish mistake , This learned her not to do that again . The judge , I think did the right thing .
    She thought it was okay because she could see them , glad child services are there to help . I think the officer did the right thing , let the judge handle it , the judge can get her the right help .
    Good post PIC
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually felt sorry for this girl PIC. She is a single mother who is trying to make a good living to take care of her kids. Someone should have helped her to find day care a bit sooner and this could have been avoided. She had to make a decision that she thought was best. But it still does not make it right
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome