My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, July 6, 2015

The Roving Reporter : Homeless piano prodigy stunned by his remarkable makeover

By Inside Edition

Donald Gould sat down at a piano at a public arts exhibit in Sarasota, Florida, and played. The images of him with his scraggly beard, unwashed hair, and dirty clothes making magic at the keyboard were seen around the world.
Within two days the video received more than two million views.

Now, Gould has a chance for a new beginning.

In an INSIDE EDITION exclusive, we're giving this homeless man, who is a former Marine, the break he deserves -- Donald Gould is going to get cleaned up.
First, a new wardrobe for him at Sarasota's Island Pursuit. Gould tried on an outfit in a dressing room.
When he came out of the dressing room, he said: "People won't recognize me."

Next stop: The Gent Essential Barber Spa. It'll be his first haircut and shave in 18 months.
He saw his new look revealed in the mirror for the first time. After his haircut and shave and after it all came off, he said: "No more caveman!"
What a remarkable change!
There was another stop to make: Gould performed for the first time before a paying crowd thanks to the good folks at Michael's On East.
At the venue, the emcee said: "We are so very happy to enjoy the company of a very new and exciting celebrity here in Sarasota."

Gould walked on and played his first some, The Beatles classic "Let it Be," and the crowd loved it.
After the performance he said: "Before, they look at me with the scruffy face, they're like, 'Who is the raggedy homeless looking man?' But here, I just walk in like a pro. And no flak whatsoever."
It's more than just a new look. Gould says this day has gone a long way in restoring his sense of worth. "I got a lot of new respect out here today. I feel pretty confident I can do it. As long as I keep myself together."

People in restaurant shook his hand and hugged him. One person said: "That was wonderful."
One woman told him: "I am just learning to play the piano. You are amazing."
Now, just maybe, Donald Gould hopes to be in line for the greatest gift of all -- a reunion with his son, who he hasn't seen in 15 years.
"After this, now maybe he'll get in touch with me," he said.
Before, he was too embarrassed to reach out to his son. Now, after his transformation, hopefully things are different.
The City of Sarasota is trying to acquire housing for people like Gould and make sure they get access to social services to help them get back into life. If you're interested in helping, you can send contributions to the Gulf Coast Community Foundation.


 Homeless Piano Prodigy: 'I Lost It' After Wife Committed Suicide.





Your Roving Reporter :         G .

2 comments:

  1. Hi HB,
    What a lovely human interest story. That's what I love to see on this blog., stories with happy endings.
    Also humor, recipes and any odd thing of interest. Also any new discoveries in science. There is enough bad news everywhere else. I always wanted to make Maxy a little oasis of peace. I feel guilty for neglecting it but I will be back very soon. Just a little bump on the road of life. I thank you for holding the fort here. Don't know what we would have done without you.
    Love and gratitude
    Butterfly

    PS: Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterfly,
    I got this story from Nee , it's a follow up from her story on Starhooks, maybe you have not been there in awhile ,

    I think it would be nice for Maxy to have a variety of interesting subjects . We are awaiting your return ,hopefully it will be soon.
    Recipes ,I wondered why you never posted Nita's recipes , they are served daily and they are from Nee and her family . I notice you publish one on the red thing with uncooked oatmeal ,I asked Nee was she going to make us some .Nee said dad , I do not want a house full of people with a belly ache and diarrhea from eating raw oats (laughing my butt off).You know Nee did not say diarrhea .

    Gil loves to grill and Nee needs help on the red thing , we are putting our resources together to try and help get more viewers .

    Nita and her friend is relaying Maxy questions , I am trying to help as much as possible . My lady ,that is what family is for , to help each other .Some family is just takers and when you need them they disappear like my brothers did .(laughing my butt off).
    I do hope you are feeling well enough to go to your family outing .
    We will be going on vacation soon ,Nee is carrying her laptop that way we can always keep in touch .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome