My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Food for thought: Avoid fatigue

Do you ever feel tired or drained? Many of us, especially women, report feeling fatigued at some point. Fatigue is the term used to describe the general overall feeling of tiredness and/or a lack of energy. Fatigue is a very common symptom for several different medical conditions and it can also be the result of some lifestyle choices. Making sure you take care of your body by getting enough activity and proper nutrition are important keys to fighting general fatigue. Here are a few tips to help you combat fatigue:

It may sound obvious, but make sure you are getting enough sleep. Proper sleep is necessary for overall health including proper metabolism, reduction of stress and managing fatigue. Most of us need 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Limit foods that interfere with sleep such as alcohol and caffeine.

Lack of physical activity can increase fatigue. You need exercise to function properly. Start off slow such as taking a 10-15 minute walk or doing some light stretching, if weather does not permit outdoor activities. Although you may not feel like exercising at first, your energy levels will increase over time.
Many medical issues such as anemia, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, certain auto-immune disorders and the medications to treat them can cause fatigue. Make sure to discuss your symptoms and medication’s side effects with your physician or pharmacist.

Eat regular meals and drink plenty of water. Many times fatigue can be caused by hunger or thirst. Your body needs proper nutrition to function. Small snacks such as fruit with cheese or peanut butter are easy and help give you a burst of energy.

Consult your physician, if you have unexplained fatigue, fatigue with a fever, unexplained fatigue with a change in weight or fatigue that lasts more than two weeks.

Words of  Wisdom :
The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.






A proud grand-poppa            G.

2 comments:

  1. Hi HB,
    You are right on the money about fatigue being part of auto-immune diseases. It's a constant struggle to do all that you are required to do each day. Your advice was good. The secret for me is spending my energy where it is needed most...so I prioritize. And you should keep laughing because it is easy to become depressed when you are always so tired.
    Good post and good words of wisdom.
    Thank you
    Love and hugs
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Butterfly ,
    As we get older , the body needs more relaxation , especially the mind .
    I know and understand the constant struggles of everyday wear and tear . You divide it into 2 categories what needs to do first and what can wait until later .
    My lady , the good always out weighs the bad , is it not so ?
    You are welcome , just doing my job so I will not have to go back on bread and water . (laughing my butt off) .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome