- 3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- Sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with vegetable oil spray. In a bowl, toss the peaches with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and the salt. Let stand until juicy, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1 1/4 cups of olive oil. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Fold in the peaches and juices. Scrape the batter into the pan; bake for 35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then serve with Greek yogurt.
A nice simple fruity tasting coffee cake with a hint of summer freshness . To dress it up for dinnertime dessert, serve with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice-cream. It is time for a flavor change from spicy holiday desserts. And remember, you are the world's most brilliant chef.