My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Believe She's Amazing....Flash Mob, Toronto


  
 Kim MacGregor launched a movement to unite and inspire 1,000,000 women around the world to recognize the amazing women in their lives-in memory of her inspirational friend Erika , who lost her four-year battle with colon cancer on May 28, 2009, at 31 years old, just two weeks shy of her one-year wedding anniversary .

 

Kim's Thoughts

  "I wish Erika to be remembered by how she lived her life: full of smiles, laughter, silly voices, love, encouragement, and gratitude for her many friends. Never missing a chance to show her appreciation for the gift of friendship—something that meant so much to her.
She loved children, but after countless rounds of chemotherapy, she couldn't have children of her own; instead, she loved the world's children as though they were her own—including my 3 lucky little girls who loved her right back!"

"I hope her story and the video inspire you, put a smile on your face, and remind you of the amazing women in your own life who make your world a better place."

2 comments:

  1. PIC,
    What a heart-felt story , just beautiful , but yet so sad .
    I got misty eyes reading it and watching the video , it made me think of your friendship with Murphy.

    I also cried a little thinking of my dear friend of over 35 years [ who was the first friend I made after we moved to Shreveport from N.O.] , who will have her last chemo treatment this Thursday , the doctors says she will beat this evil thing .

    Luv ... PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the story too and think Kim is a great and devoted friend.

    I love the movement she has started to recognize the amazing women in our lives...be they past or present.

    I wish your friend all the best and hope for her complete recovery.

    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome