My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Food for Thought

 Ten years ago, we lost Julia Child, one of the most memorable chefs, authors and television personalities in the world who is recognized for bringing French cuisine to the American public. Although many criticized her use of certain high-fat, high-calorie ingredients, Child stood firm in her belief we should all enjoy our food and believed you should take a sensible approach and enjoy things in moderation. Here are a few tips to help you celebrate the joy of eating:

• Make every meal mindful. Even if you don’t have a lot of time to cook, take time to enjoy the meal. Be mentally present and appreciate the different flavors and textures. Avoid eating in front of the television or computer.

• Schedule one or two leisurely meals during the week. Make the meal your and your family’s priority. This can be a great time to get the kids involved; children are more likely to try new foods when they are involved.

• Think moderation. If you overindulge at every meal, you will end up feeling sluggish. Think about the foods you really enjoy and work them into your overall healthy eating plan.




In Memory of a proud & loving  grand- Poppa 


3 comments:

  1. Julia was a real character, one of a kind. Some of her recipes were rich but heavenly delicious. Good article my old boy. God bless you.
    Love and hugs,
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad had some Food for Thought posts , I decided to run them ... what you think HUH ???
    He didn't have words of wisdom / butterflies / pixies on them I guess he put them on when he posted them .
    I am putting posts on Nanook about climate change .
    He has all the chats /posts you and he shared , Dad was well organize . Hahahaha!!!

    Love and Hugs Poppa
    Ghost writer NEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should run them my friend 'ghost writer', hahahaha! This one made me tear up a little but I think it is a great tribute to HB to run his posts. Don't waste the work he did for us. Good idea.
    Love you and support your decision,
    Sure miss that old boy
    Shadow

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome