My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's a girl! The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to princess

LONDON (AP) - From Prince Charles to the bettors at the corner store, everyone in Britain was hoping for a girl.

The Duchess of Cambridge delighted her nation and royal enthusiasts around the world Saturday by delivering one such princess. The royal birth was greeted with cheers and elated cries of "Hip, hip, hooray!" outside St. Mary's Hospital in central London, where fans and the world's media have waited for days.
The baby - Prince William and Kate's second child - was born Saturday morning and weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces (3.7 kilograms), officials said. She is fourth in line to the throne, and the fifth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, 89.

It may be a day or two before the world knows what to call her. When Prince George, her older brother, was born in 2013, royal officials waited two days before announcing his name.

Britain hasn't welcomed a princess born this high up the line of succession for decades. Speculation about the new royal's name has been frenetic, and all the top bets for the baby's name have been for girls: Alice and Charlotte are the clear favorites, followed by Elizabeth, Victoria and Diana - all names with strong royal connections.

Royal children are usually given several names - the baby's brother, for example, was christened George Alexander Louis - so the princess's name could incorporate more than one of those guesses.

Anticipation had been building for weeks after Kate, 33, told a well-wisher she was due around late April. Still, journalists were caught slightly off guard when she delivered barely three hours after checking into the hospital at dawn Saturday. William, 32, was present at the birth.

The couple later emerged on the hospital steps with the infant to briefly pose for photographers before leaving for their home at nearby Kensington Palace. Kate, who wore a yellow-and-white floral shift dress, held the sleeping baby wrapped in a white blanket.

The couple didn't answer any questions, though William earlier told reporters he was "very happy" as he brought young George to the hospital to meet his baby sister Saturday afternoon. George, looking slightly alarmed by all the cameras, waved dutifully at the adoring crowds.

The queen and senior royals were "delighted with the news," officials said. The queen marked the occasion by wearing a pink ensemble while carrying out an official engagement in North Yorkshire, 250 miles (400 kilometers) north of London.
Cheers and chants of "Princess! Princess!" rang out from the hundreds of well-wishers and tourists gathered outside the palace and the hospital as soon as the news was announced. One fan who had camped out outside the hospital for days danced with joy.

"I'm top of the world," said royal camper Terry Hutt, 80, decked out in patriotic Union Jack gear. He did not expect the birth to happen as soon as it did, but said: "Babies come when they're ready."

"If Diana was here, she'd be very, very proud," he added, referring to the late Princess Diana, William's mother.

The news was announced on social media sites like Twitter as well as by a traditional bulletin on a gilded easel in front of Buckingham Palace - a practice that dates to 1837.

A town crier in an elaborate costume - with no official connection to the royal family - shouted out the news at the hospital's door, clanging his bell to welcome the new royal.

"May our princess be long-lived, happy and glorious," said Tony Appleton, reading from a scroll in a booming voice.

Britain's political leaders - facing a hard-fought general election in just five days - rushed to congratulate the couple on the baby. Well wishes also poured in from the rest of the world, especially from Commonwealth countries like Canada and Australia.

At 21 months, George is third in line to the throne, after his grandfather Prince Charles and his dad William. The newborn princess becomes the fourth in line, bumping Uncle Harry to fifth.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aunty and Genie ,
    What a gorgeous baby , she is a big baby .

    Dear Maxy,
    One of my church members lost her son when he was killed tragically in a car crash . I feel so sorry for her . She has decided to take up the cause against drunk drivers because of this and she has asked all of the members of the church to support her . I understand how upset she is , and I do want to help . What I don't want to do is join the committee and march and all the other stuff she has planned . It's not because I don't care , I really do . But I have my own life and responsibilities and I feel like I can't take on anything else . I have offered to make a donation , but so far , she has not agreed to take it . She wants me to be boots on the ground with her . How can I support her and draw the line on what I do ?
    Striking a balance

    Dear Maxy,
    Twelve years ago , my son moved his girlfriend into our home . "Lena" lived with us for four years and we treated her like family . They broke up and Lena moved out . She then married someone else and now has an adorable 6-year-old daughter . We have remained such good friends with her that my husband walked her down the aisle at her wedding .
    My son is now 30-years-old and has never married . Unfortunately , his current girlfriend is demanding that we sever all ties with Lena and she is causing problems for us with our son . We have tired to reassure them both that the old flame is no threat to their new romance , but it hasn't helped .
    We live in a small town where everyone knows each other . Is it fair for us to be treated this way ?
    Mom
    Dear Maxy,
    My 15-year-old son just told me that he is gay . I kind of suspected it , but that's completely different than actually dealing with it .
    I totally support my son to become whatever he is to be , but I have no idea on how to help him through what will surely be some rough times .
    For starters , I know my husband is going to freak out . He is West Indian and stereotypically homophobic . My son will need his father to have his back . And then there are the extended family members I need help in order to help him .
    Standing by His Side

    Dear Maxy ,
    I am so sad watching the devastating effect that parental alienation is having on my grandchildren and I feel powerless to help them .
    My daughter is the target of an ex-husband who is determined to turn their children against their mother . My 13-year-old granddaughter attempted suicide last week and went to a facility for several days . She is now getting therapy , but I don't know whether the truth will come out about what is going on in this messed up family relationship .
    I feel like asking my ex-son-in-law whether he loves his children more than he hates his ex-wife so he will realize who is being hurt most by his actions . My daughter went to counseling for a year before leaving her husband and the counselor said her husband is very insidious with a narcissistic personality . She left him because he was controlling and emotion abusive . She was suppose to have custody of the children that they did not want to leave their neighborhood , school and friends . My daughter did not fight it because it was what the children were encouraged to choose .
    She also knows her ex-husband would use the children to hurt her . When she recently went to sigh the final divorce papers , he said if she tries to change the custody arrangement she will never see her children again .
    Is there any recourse for this kind of behavior ? My daughter cannot fight this in court and we do not have the resources to help either .
    Sad Grandmother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy my darling ,
      Yeap that is a precious and darling baby . The parents are beaming with love and Prince George is cute as a button and know how to meet and wave at the crowd .

      Thank you my darling , I know how busy your schedule is , you are a trooper .
      Your sweet aunty.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Nee and Kathy, for taking the time to help us this way,
    These letters will require some careful research. We will do our very best
    I am taking cyber bets here. I figure the little princess will have 'Diana' in her name somewhere. In Britain I think the current favorite name is 'Alice' Ten cyber bucks says Diana--Elizabeth.
    Whacha Think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it ill have both , as long as Camille is not in it .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome