My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, May 15, 2015

Bully's Powerful Apology to Student He Tormented — 20 Years Later

ChadMichael Morrisette got an apology recently from one of his junior high bullies. (Photo: ChadMichael Morrisette)

A man who was bullied in junior high received an unexpected apology – 20 years after the fact – when one of his tormentors recently reached out via Facebook to make amends.

ChadMichael Morrisette, a 34-year-old brand consultant and visual designer in West Hollywood, grew up in small-town Alaska. “The entire football team bullied me,” he tells Yahoo Parenting. “It wasn’t one guy, it was six or seven guys who would follow me in the hallways, harassing me, insulting me, threatening my life.”

Morrisette left home when he was 15, and says life got better quickly after that, and he hasn’t reflected much on his bullied childhood since. That is, not until May 5, when he woke up to a surprise message on Facebook.





The note was from Louie Amundson, whom Morrisette says he doesn’t specifically remember. “But that’s because there were so many bullies it was hard to name them all,” he says. Morrisette says it took a couple of days for him to process the true meaning of the message. “It unlocked something in me I didn’t realize I’d been holding onto. I cried a little bit. It was so moving.”


Thanx Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome