Parmesan–Panko Chicken Tenders
Serves 4 (serving size: 3 chicken breast tenders)
Total time: 31 Minutes
1-1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (about 12 tenders)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1.3 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
4 lemon quarters (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine panko and cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add half of chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon quarters, if desired.
Contributed By Elsie C . 2nd shift Waitress
Barbecue Smoked Salmon:
Serves 4 (serving size: 5 ounces cooked salmon)
Total time: 6 Hours
1/2 cup Scotch whisky
1 (1-1/2-pound) 3/4-inch-thick, center-cut skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely cracked black peppercorns
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8–inch) cedar grilling plank
1-1/2 cups hickory wood chips
Coarsely cracked black peppercorns (optional)
Lemon slices (optional)
1. Combine whisky and salmon in a large zip-top plastic bag. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally. Drain; pat salmon dry.
2. Combine brown sugar, pepper, salt, and rind in a large bowl. Place one-third of sugar mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7inch baking dish. Add fish; top evenly with remaining sugar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours. Rinse fish well; pat dry.
3. Soak grilling plank in water 1 hour; drain. Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes; drain.
4. Remove grill rack; set aside. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating both sides to medium and leaving center with no heat. Maintain temperature at medium (325°). Toss wood chips on coals. Place grill rack on grill. Place salmon, skinned-side down, on plank in center of hot rack, away from the heat. Cover; cook 30 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with cracked peppercorns and lemon slices, if desired.
Contributed by : James L . Security 1st Class
The Perfect Pound Cakes
You'll need a heavy-duty stand mixer with a 4-qt. bowl and paddle attachment for this recipe.
Prep: 15 Minutes Bake: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Makes 10 to 12 servings
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 cups butter, softened
3/4 cup milk
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Layer Ingredients and Mix. Preheat oven to 325°. Place flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla (in that order) in 4-qt. bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer. Beat at low speed 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
2. Pour and Bake. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch (16-cup) tube pan, and smooth. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Contributed by : Hattie D. Human Resources
To Aunt Jeannie :When will the next total solar eclipse happen in the U.S.? - *ARIS FOLLEY, AOL.COM August 21st 2017 * *On August 21, 2017, parts of the U.S. will experience a total solar eclipse that will block out the entir...
21 hours ago