My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Maxy's Gone....And his Family is Broken Hearted

Our precious Maxy passed away on Friday. He died while my daughter and I held him at the animal hospital. He was a victim of someone's carelessness. They left out some poisoned bait meant for rodents , we assume, and Maxy ingested some. He had an agonizing death that has traumatized us all. And all we could do was stand helplessly by and watch him suffer.

Please, Please don't use poisons on or around your property for any reason at any time. It is a risk to so many innocent little lives and the dying process is horrible. Maxy bled internally and then his eyes and ears hemorrhaged and he vomited blood. We could not bear to watch him suffer any longer and asked the vet to euthanize him. She thinks it was Warfarin (rat poison) or possibly strychnine.

He was a wonderful little guy with lots of personality and a member of our family. He was beloved in our neighborhood and our friends and neighbors are upset and angry and have sworn to find the culprit. He will be so missed by so many, but he will always be in our hearts and will always be the 'Dog on the Blog'.

3 comments:

  1. Good by Maxy old buddy ,
    I knew you a very short time , I will miss you , but if there is a dog heaven , I know you are having fun .
    I hope they keep Dear Maxy as a tribute to you .

    My sympathy to your human parents .
    Ardis Whittin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Ardis ,
    Thank you for your very kind words of sympathy , it's most appreciate.
    Maxy will always be our 'Mascot on the Blog' ...

    'The Genie' is Maxys' human mama and she thinks you for your kind words .
    The Genie and Witchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Ardis,
    Maxy is having fun right now, wherever he is. He was always a very happy guy and full of love and energy.
    We all miss him so much and will keep his blog and his column going in honor of his kind spirit.
    We appreciate your sympathy
    Maxy's human parents,
    And his honorary godmother Witchy

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome