My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Food for Thought : Fruits & Vegetables

We are told to eat our fruits and vegetables, but you know the difference? Many times we lump these into the same category, without identifying or noting each category’s unique properties. A fruit is the part of the plant that develops from a flower and contains the seeds while the other parts of the plants, such as stems, leaves and roots are vegetables. Here are a few tips to help you vary your fruits and vegetables of all kinds:

1 . Technically cucumbers, peppers and squash are fruits. They are also in season now. Sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, and squash make a great afternoon snack. Try dipping them in hummus or a low-fat dressing.

2 . Stem vegetables such as celery are wonderful sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals. They can help your digestion and help you feel full longer.

3 . Cauliflower and broccoli are considered vegetables. They both contain vitamin C and vitamin K. Try substituting shredded broccoli stalks for cabbage in coleslaws. Both cauliflower and broccoli make healthy compliments to any entrée.

Words of Wisdom:
"Some men are assholes and some men are cowards. What they both have in common is that both just stops talking to you, for no reason other than that they are assholes and cowards."

"If nobody spoke unless they had something to say, the human race would very soon lose the use of speech."

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and
put it back in your pocket.

Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference!"

"True humor is fun - it does not put down, kid, or mock. It makes people feel wonderful, not separate, different, and cut off. True humor has beneath it the understanding that we are all in this together."

A very proud grandpoppa G.

4 comments:

  1. Howdy Dad,
    I love you dearly , You are always thinking about others , how you can help them ... you are the greatest ... thanks for caring and the help .
    Your only daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear Daughter ,
    I am so happy you are in my life . I am proud to help as much as I can and you never fail to thank me or others for what they do . Are you ready for the first round we are bringing plenty of tissues .
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi HB
    Thank you for your welcome contribution to our blog. Vegetables and fruits can be a bit confusing. For example....what is rhubarb? Can you tell me that ? I grow it but I don't know it.

    THIS IS MY FAVORITE JOKE THIS WEEK: - I LOVED IT
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes. "

    Luv and hugs...Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my little Butterfly,
    You are most welcome my dear lady . Vegetables and fruits are very confusing for some , including myself . Rhubarb is a vegetable , it has edible stalks like celery , it is often cooked sweetened and combined with other fruits as desserts and some make jams , jelly and preserves , I had to ask my cook .

    I am pleased you like that particular saying , it is so true , if you criticize some one , walk in their shoes for a mile before doing so and you will be to far for them to beat your dang butt (laughing my butt off).
    Finish for today , going to get a bite to eat , I do so think Gil told me 18 teams eliminated . Our team has no strikes , they went through their 5 rounds fast and furious . I told Gil , that Jonny and Chris learned a thing or too from going to court with him these last 2 years .

    Hugs and Love HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome