My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    3 weeks ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I have a friend who has a divorced daughter  with two children . The ex-husband has a good job with the government . My friend is very strapped for money  and sends as much as she can  to the daughter . The daughter claims  the ex-husband  does not pay child support  regularly .
I feel the daughter should go to his employer about the child support . But my friend  and her daughter both believe  this might cause him to lose his job . Then there would be no money coming in at all. I disagree . I don't believe  you can be fired  for garnisnment of wages . But talking  to my friend  is like talking  to a wall .
The new wrinkle is , the ex-husband is about to re-marry . I have know this guy since he was a teenager  and he is a fine man . I don't , however, have the same warm feeling towards my friend's daughter . Is there some way I can look into her claim  about the child support  without causing trouble ? My friend is about to lose her house  and I don't think she should be giving away her money to her daughter .
I  realized  this is none of my business  , but watching the effect this has on my friend  breaks my heart .
Concerned
Dear Concerned ,
I cannot caution you enough to stay out of this . The mother my suspect her daughter is not telling her the truth  and wants to give her the money anyway .
The daughter may be perfectly honest about the child support , rendering your high opinion of the ex-husband  unwarranted .
And there could be other things going on of which you are unware. If the daughter is not receiving  child support  , she can take the matter to the courts . I understand your concern  , but no good can come from your snooping  around .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
My boyfrind and i have been dating for three years . This summer, we are planning to go camping with his family . They are religious  and have strict morals , so my boyfriend says he will not sleep in the same tent with me . He argues that since they invited  us on their camping trip , we should abide  by there rules  and expectations .
However , I believe that since we're both adults  and have been together  for so long , it's our right to sleep together .
Sleeping Alone
Dear Sleeping Along ,
These are his parents  and this is their camping trip . You should not only should abide  by their rules , but you should show them the kind of respect your boyfriend is showing  by giving their sensitivites  a priority .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I work at a local store in a job that pays little . The job was mostly to make pocket cash while I was in high school , but I need to save up money  before I go to college . I want to hunt for something that pays a little better , but my bosses is really great . They've always treated me well . I feel bad leaving the job because they have been so kind  , and I actually like the work . Asking for a raise  is out of the question because it is a young business  and I know they are trying to be conservative in spending . Do you think I should leave ? Or perhaps double up on jobs ?
Broke
Dear Broke ,
You are lucky to have a job you like  so much and you are smart  to be practical  about your circumstances . I suggest that you think about whay else you can do  to supplement your income .
Can you baby-sit for any children in your area ? Are there  any businesses nearby  that need additional help? Be creative  as you think about your options .
Yyou may also want to speak to your bosses  and ask if you can work more hours . Be honest about your situation ... you love your job  and you need to make  more money  before fall . Tell your bosses  that you do not want to leave , but you have to figure  out a creative  solution to take care of yourself . They may be willing to give you more hours rather than giving them to someone else .
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome