My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    3 weeks ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pretty hoop earrings for summer

  
 

You can make several pairs of hoops in a rainbow of colors to suit every summer outfit. Get everything you need at your craft shop. They also make terrific gifts

 1. Gather your supplies and tools needed.  I used round nose pliers, flat pliers, 2- 2 inch silver copper wire, 14 sterling silver 5mm beads (7 for each hoop), my 7mm jade beads 16 each (8 for each hoop), 2 small open jump rings, 2 fish hook ear wires.

 2. You will take your round nose pliers and start at the open end of the hoop and you will curl to the outside one side. Make sure you don't have a big enough space for the jump ring to slip out once fastened. Just keep curling over your hoop.
 3. After you have done this thread your beads on as you like.  I alternated my jade and silver. You will then close the other end of the hoop as you did before. You will curl the end over with your round nose pliers. And it should look like this.


4. You will then take one jump ring and open it, place it through the hole in the bottom of the fish hook ear wire. 
 5. As you hold onto the hoop, slide the open jump ring through the two curled ends of the hoop and close the jump ring with your flat pliers.  Close it enough so your jump ring won't allow much movement for the curled ends to turn the ring. 

6. You will then be finished with your first hoop and can move onto the next. 
 
 
Here is your completed pair of hoops! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome