My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    3 weeks ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Five Amazing Health Benefits From Eating Blueberries

 
Click here to find out more!
The blueberry is a powerful antioxidant. Here are five ways to add them to your diet and healthy recipe for a wild blueberry tart
If I had to choose just one berry to consume on a regular basis, it would be the blueberry. Ranked among the top fruits and vegetables for their antioxidant activity, blueberries are loaded with vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients that just make them even more delightful to consume.

If you don’t have enough reasons already as to why you should be consuming these blue gems…here are a few more.

Five health benefits of eating blueberries
1. Blueberries are a source of the antioxidant
ellagic acid, which may block metabolic pathways that can lead to cancer.

2. Blueberry skins contain
resveratrol, which research associates with anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and blood sugar-lowering properties.

3. Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and E, as well as fibre.

4. They are low in calories, with only 81 calories per cup!

5. Blueberries are good for your heart — several
studies have associated blueberry consumption with improved blood-fat balances, reduced cholesterol, increased HDL cholesterol and reduced trigylcerides.

And these little gems are delicious; good in so many recipes and the kids love them. Don't stint. Let the little nippers have as many as they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome