My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    3 weeks ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beach Towel Dress (cover-up)

 SO easy.
I’ve seen beach cover-ups in stores for years. I’ve always thought to buy one but never have because I figured I could make one (of course it took me two years to get around to it)
But with a simple beach towel and elastic thread,  you can easily make your own!
Still on the fence about sewing with Elastic Thread? It truly is easy. You can find it at normal sewing shops and you wind it in your bobbin by hand.Time to sew something for YOU. Okay, here’s what I did….
  • I bought a beach towel at Target ($5.99, appx 56 x 29 inches). The gathering ratio  works fine because a towel will gather up slightly less for you, due to it’s bulk.
  • Thinner towels are best because they are less bulky.
  • Just use the edge of the towel as your top and bottom (no hemming needed)
  • Wind Elastic Thread in your bobbin, shir as many rows as you like (I did about 32), sew down the side seam, add shoulder straps, and you’re done! I used less than one spool of Elastic Thread for the entire dress. Of course I had to wind it onto my bobbin about 5 times.
  • DON’T forget to spray and iron over the top of your shirring when finished. This will cause your elastic thread to really gather up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome